Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday June 10 morning

Well, we are getting to the point that there is less and less to report in terms of events. We see this as a good thing and are starting to reap some of the stability we have so desperately craved. John underwent dialysis late last night and tolerated it well. Hopefully this will help remove more of the toxins from his blood and give his kidneys a chance to go back into high gear. The good part is that they are functioning but we need them to do more so that dialysis is no longer needed. Additionally, John is still fighting an infection and while he is on antibiotics, he runs a bit of a fever at times which nursing staff manage with medicine.

We read to John, talk to him, watch television or listen to the radio with him all in an effort to coax him back to us. We have also gotten some great ideas about what to do with his room. My favorite idea came from Beth who thinks we should bring in a mirrored ball and a lava lamp to give John some entertaining things to look at! I am not sure that the ICU staff would appreciate me up on a ladder installing that ball and they would probably be even less appreciative that we are trying to bring disco back! In the meantime, we will hope that us being with him is enough because I can tell you...him being with us is far more than enough...it's a miracle!

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts are with John and his family. It has been years since I have seen or talked to John, but I pray everything is besto for them all. There are no words to say how amazingly courageous and strong his wife, family and friends are.
    John was always an awesome person when we were in high school together and I am glad to hear that he is still an outstanding individual. Again my thoughts, prayers and anything else he and his family need are with them.
    Take care and all my thoughts... Tiffiny Williams

    ReplyDelete