Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday June 21


Today, we all felt a bit tearful and reminiscent about John and his current situation. While we wait for him to be better, we also remember all of the great things he has brought into our lives. Recently, when I graduated from The University of Houston with my Masters in Social Work, he and Holly were there and he and I took a picture together. He put his hand around my waist and squeezed me so hard and told me that he was proud of me and he told me that he cried when I traipsed down the aisle in the regalia. John would make funny faces during pictures and at times it was frustrating because we wanted the pictures to show how handsome he is but he seemed to know that the most important thing is that we were together and having fun. I remember wincing and telling him OWWWW like only a sister to a brother could do (like in this picture) and that is exactly how he wanted it. Sometimes he would cross his eyes or be the clown but I believe that he simply did not enjoy being the subject of pictures or of adoration. So, here is the picture I speak of taken May 16, 2009 which seems like such a long time ago. I saw this picture for the first time today and while it made me sad in one way it also made me laugh because of the side comments he made to me that day!

Now, he is the focus of our love and he is the center of attention and at some point he will probably balk at all the concentration on him but we are willing to accept any and all comments he might have about that and everything else. We miss talking to him and his amazing sense of humor and his laugh and we anxiously wait for the time when he comes back to us. I personally want to take another picture with him and will welcome his bruising grasp! The bottom line is that we miss our John but we also know that this is a lengthy process and we will wait as long as needed. He would do the same for us.

In the next few days, more physicians will evaluate and test him and he will receive therapy and care which will hopefully nurture him along in his healing process. We should also know more about what will happen with his new dialysis port and other mechanical things but in the meantime, please know that we feel every prayer and tear and know that John is receiving the most love and prayers and the best medical attention possible.

1 comment:

  1. July 1, 2009
    Karen again...thanks for the photos & updates. This is the smile that we know John by. God is more that able. LOL

    ReplyDelete