Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday June 29


The above picture was taken over the Easter weekend. John's brother Hudd (on the left) is known for his amazing steaks. Well, I had been hearing about these steaks for the past decade but for some reason I was either out of town, had a scheduling conflict or possibly not invited for this culinary event until that glorious day in April when the phone rang and I won the lottery! Well, the steak lottery that is, and I got invited to have the world-renowned, steak by Hudd. I must say that it was everything I had dreamed about and more. The seasoning was perfect, it was juicy and cooked to perfection. I tried in vain to ply Hudd with beer or begging to obtain his secret recipe, but it was to no avail! I think the above photo clearly shows John trying to steal the magic recipe from his brother but it also shows a typical time of the two of them hanging out and enjoying each other's company. Tonight, Hudd was at the hospital with John and he gave the report that John ate some soup, ice chips, some diet coke and probably a couple of things I don't remember. It wasn't Hudd's steak and it wasn't a backyard bar-b-que, but the Harris brothers were together and enjoying each other as usual.

Earlier today, Holly brought John some sherbet, mashed potatoes and soda and although he was receiving dialysis, this did not seem to curb his apetite. We simply cannot wait for the time when John is able to lift that fork or spoon on his own, but in the meantime, we are really happy that he is enjoying some of the treats presented to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment