Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday July 28

I wanted to share an email I received from one of John's co-workers. I get emails almost daily from folks who love John and keep up with his progress. This email articulates what he means to his co-workers more succinctly and more beautifully than I ever could! I should also mention that if you have some words you feel you want to share, please feel free to email me or make comments in that section here on the blog.

Hi Melanie,
I just wanted to send an e-mail to let you know how much it has meant having John's blog to read and stay updated on his progress. I am a kindergarten teacher at SBE and have worked with John for 6 years. In those 6 years I have seen the impact John has had on the students at our school, especially since a lot of them do not have a positive male role model in their lives. He really shows them that he cares about them and when they are with him, they are encouraged to have fun and be themselves. He also teaches the students how to play games and participate in activities that no one else has taught them and I believe this helps them because they remember these things when they go home, then play these games with their friends instead of getting into trouble with other activities. He also jokes around with these students, which is important, since many of these kids don't have a lot to smile about and have to worry about so many things going on in their homes. His jokes also extend to the staff, which makes working at SBE a fun experience and helps us to lighten up a little and puts a smile on all of our faces. We always talk about how he is like a celebrity at our school because there is not one student who doesn't yell "Coach" when they see him and give him a high five or a hug.

Starting the year without him, just won't be the same. He is going to be missed greatly, but I have faith that he will be back at SBE soon, bringing smiles to our faces again. Thank you for doing such a wonderful job writing the blog, it helps to know how he is doing.
Sincerely,
JoLee Marker

No comments:

Post a Comment