Sunday, July 26, 2009

Saturday July 25

It turns out that from my house to TIRR is only 5.4 miles by bicycle. In Houston, there is a series of bayou trails for running or cycling and this is the perfect excuse I needed to get to riding again. When I got there, Holly and Paulette brought John down to the courtyard so we got to hang out a bit and spend some time outside. It hasn't been quite as miserable in the mornings these past few days and John absolutely loves being outside. Paulette brings him things to feed the birds and this morning it was a bagel which they devoured. It looked a bit like a Hitchcock movie the way they were surrounding him but John didn't seem bothered at all. While we were in the courtyard there was a lot of commotion and I looked over to realize that a small pigeon had fallen from it's nest. Another patient told me that there is a nurse who works at TIRR who cares for sick and injured animals and helps them so I picked up the bird and we wrapped it in a small towel to be taken to the nurse. This place never ceases to amaze me in that the people who work here are healers in every way and it wasn't all that surprising that they care about animals too. Hopefully that bird can be nursed back to health and soon be enjoying some treats from John.

No comments:

Post a Comment