Friday, November 20, 2009

November 19...Raffle update

Softball/Raffle Slideshow

The above is a link to photos from the softball tournament and raffle drawing. Thanks so much to Samuel Karnes for putting the pictures together in such an artistic way!

This is a week which helps us to pause and reflect for things we are thankful for. In the course of my life I have seen generosity and been blessed with amazing friends and family members. I have never experienced the level of generosity or outpouring of support like I have seen for John and Holly. I consistently feel lucky to have John in my life and being able to meet people who work with him or know him is a constant reminder of how he has lived his life and a basis for comparison about what it means to live life with compassion and spirit.

Over the past couple of months, there has been a raffle to benefit and help defer John's medical costs. This raffle was spearheaded by Kate Stohl and the drawing was held today. For those of you who purchased tickets, thank you! Holly asked me to post the following on her behalf:
Mel, please post the following:
~ I AM BEYOND TOUCHED AND NO WORDS CAN EXPRESS HOW GRATEFUL I AM TO EVERYONE. I WISH I COULD THANK EVERYONE PERSONALLY. JUST THE TIME AND EFFORT THAT WENT INTO THE WHOLE EVENT AND HOW ASTOUNDING THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY RAISED WAS. I ALSO WANT TO INCLUDE THAT THIS WILL HELP SO MUCH WITH HIS CARE. I AM STILL IN SHOCK AT THE AMOUNT THEY RAISED AND AM SOOO BEYOND GRATEFUL…..

I would like to mention that the amount raised was close to $11,000 dollars! We simply cannot tell you how shocked we are and want each of you to know that this money will go directly toward helping John through his coming months of medical care. We are in awe at how hard each person worked to help out John and Holly and words simply cannot express the level of gratitude in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment